Moroccans are essentially Berbers just like their neighbors: the Algerians and Libyans. Although, The population of Morocco is about 34 million. People from Morocco are called Moroccans.
many of the Moroccans have Arab, Spanish, black African, and Jewish ancestors. The official language of Morocco is Arabic, but millions of Moroccans also speak the Berber language and want it to be official too. French is also used, but only in big companies, universities, and in some TV channels. Morocco used to be occupied by France for 44 years. Some people in the north (close to Spain) speak Spanish as well. Spain also occupied parts of Morocco before leaving them in 1956 and in 1975. Most educated Moroccans do not speak English well, or do not know it at all. But since recent years, English is being taught to students in an increasing number of schools. Most Moroccans follow Islam as their religion. There are very small numbers of Christians, Jews, and non-believers.
Festivities and Festivals :
- Almond Tree Festivities Tafraout February
- Rose Festival El Kelaa MaGouna May
- Festival of Wax Sale Mouloud
- Cherry Festival Sefrou June
- Festival of Folk Art Marrakesh June
- Festival of World Sacred Music Fez June
- International Festival of Rabat June
- Camel Festival Guelmim July
- Festival of Popular Music Saidia August
- Asilah Cultural Festival August
- Date Festival October
- The Wedding Moussem of Imilchil August/September
- Horse Festival Tiss (Fez) October 4-